Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How do we like it here?

Now that the dust has settled I find myself looking out our window asking this question. Here's my thoughts. This house has all the things we ever hoped to own in our life time. A hugh sunny yard to start a garden and grow my own veggies and flowers. A bit of privacy so my neighbors can't look in my windows and three toilets. We have all the comforts that a near by (small town) city could ever offer. Our neighbors are nice not rust collectors or deer carcase lovers. We have the biggest oak trees surrounding our houses that give us shade all day during these warm summer days.



We have three bedrooms to house all our children and family when they come to visit. And they are all upstairs. Our bedroom and most of the main house are on the main floor. Our front porch is just big enough to have two chairs and a table to sip beer, wine or margaritas.



Having Beepa next door has always been a delight. She is very independent and is the happiest I have ever seen her in 21 years. I have asked her if she is happy and her response was "This was the best thing I've ever done"



Our lives have been altered haven taken this drastic move so far from our extended family but some times you have to do what you think is the best move to better your station in life. We feel we did that. I wish all my family and Danny's family could be this happy and I hope they will be or are right now. Sometimes I don't know if they have found that contentment, that pure calm that envelopes you when you pull in the driveway and feel "at home" Danny and I truly feel at home and the things we had to sacrifice to get here and the people we had to leave behind I hope will understand and rejoice with us in our new found joy.



Come down and visit... you may just not want to leave.

1 comment:

T said...

That was nice mom :-) I am glad you and dad and beepa are so happy here.