Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friends

I have been sitting here in my office. (I have a separate room for that) :)



And I have been asking myself how many friends do I have. And I know what your thinking
- Man she has alot of time on her hands -
not really but I received a wonderful e-mail from a very close friend and I wanted this person to know publicly what it meant to me.


Few people have stuck over the years. There are my girl friends down south who never fail to brighten my day. My husband who's been my bestest friend for over 30 years (yes he was my friend before we got married) There are my sisters who are just like girlfriends. And there are friends who I have met over the years and kept in contact with.


And then there are those other friends who silently enter your life when your not looking. Who listen to you and give you that kick in the ass advice that no one else will. I have a friend like that and I would never tell them that I love them but I hope they know that no matter what, I will kick them in the ass right back. Because it's nice to be totally honest with another human being and know you can say what ever you need to say to them and know they won't stop talking to you. I've had friends like that in the past and they didn't like the honesty and stopped the talking. If honesty was only viewed differently it could be such a cleansing. When I was getting ready to move south I continued working and at work I became the honest speaking person I was always afraid to be . It felt so good to speak my mind or say what I truly felt. If you can speak your mind freely and not say hurtful things it can be so rewarding.



Boohoo sob sob sob



Enough with the crying


Thanks for counting me, one of your friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are my hero and I love you dearly.

Anonymous said...

"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today." Because, you never know what tomorrow will bring. I am so glad you shared that on your blog.("sniff" "sniff")You had me cryin'! It's that kinda of sentiment that makes YOU such a wonderful FRIEND to others and to me!
Janice