Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Liz's Visit ... The End

Well, visits are always too short. You want to show them a good time and let them see you are happy, and see all the exciting new things you have found. But then the plane that is taking them home arrives all too soon and they are gone again.
I sit here and cry, I have to let her go home to her family (but she's my family too, I say) It hurts to watch her back as she steps farther and farther away. Through the door toward the plane that flies her back to her safe place. Home.

Life takes us on many different journeys. Whether it's a choice you make on a job or whether you move to a new state, It's all a gamble. But I wouldn't change a thing. We rolled the dice and have gained so much coming here. We can call this home...

1 comment:

T said...

I already miss her too!! Love you mom!