Thursday, September 11, 2008

24 HOURS can make such a differance!

This is a good view of the towering oaks in our yard. Our house is the big one in the back and the house to the right is Beepa's screen porch. This our first day at the new house .
We are waiting at the front of Beepa's house for the POD to arrive.
Note the shrubs at Beepa's front screen porch.
With in a week of signing we dug them all out because they smelled like cat piss:)
The second photo is the new landscape.
Hosta and ferns which love the shade.
We are looking for some astilbe to install next.



This is the thing they called a carport.
The termites loved it more than we did.
The rusty metal roofing had to go.
This was the first construction job at the new homestead.

I love working with this guy!
He lets me run the power tools.
Now that is a real man!!


The roof is gone. Now we just need to chainsaw these telephone poles off.
The cable man came the next day to bury Beep's cable with a ditch witch and he was kind enough to use his ditch witch to help me remove the telephone poles buried in the ground in cement footings.

Who every said honey isn't the sweetest thing!!!:)
During....

The building went up so much faster thanks to Michael and Teresa on this HOT day of work.


Dan and I went to work on the rafters. Then installed a smoky roofing panel that lets in just the right amount of light.


Check out those sexy gams!!


Beepa's new carport! Hand made by Deb, Dan, Teresa, Michael and Beepa!!

After a fun shopping trip into Greensboro, Beepa and I found this hand painted dresser in a antique shop. The colors on the dresser are a perfect match to the wall color and it was so cute we couldn't pass it up (the price was to good to pass up either)

This is the finished product. The blue cottage room.
This quilt has a special history to it.
The backing for the quilt came from my Grandmother Belle.
On the farm in NY she and Grandpa had dairy cows. To filter the milk after each milking they used flannel squares to filter any debris from the milking parlor into the milk cans for town. She saved these squares and years later, after I got married, she found out I was learning to quilt from my mother-in-law. (Beepa)
She gave them to me. And that started me on my journey to complete
"Grandma's Flower Garden "
patch work quilt. I had enough square patches to size up a twin size quilt. So this quilt will rest in her honor at the foot of the full size rope bed Aunt Ceil handed down me and my Mom when I first set it up in LA. It has stayed with me since I was 13 years old waiting for just the right time and just the right place.
I am so proud of it.
Thanks Aunt Ceil I hope I did you proud.
Well tomorrow Beepa signs on the house in NH.
It will be official at 3:30 pm. Pray all goes well.

We plan on celebrating and Wish to thank all of you who helped us get to this very special moment in time .

***We love you and Thank you from the bottom of our hearts***

XXXOOO

Beepa, Debbie and Danny:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks beautiful!! Where did you go and find the handpanted piece??? You never take me to the fun places:) The quilt etc are just perfect!!!
What a great Job!! Hey where is the damn dust ruffle I brought down?????

Love ya Lizz

Mrs N said...

Nicely done on the carport!

I love the blue cottage room - gorgeous quilt, love the color of the walls - it's just a really great room! So cozy!

Congrats on finishing a quilt 25 years in the making! (I know I have some projects nearly that old laying around my house...)