Thursday, October 30, 2008

Best surprise yet!

Well long time no see but a great surprise. Danny's cuz Dave and his wife Joy surprised us with a visit. We figured that the last time we saw each other was when Ronnie and I traveled with Ken and Shirley to Rochester back 26 years ago. Their youngest son is attending Duke and they called to say hey. So we said come on over and sit a spell.This is me Lumberjack Debbie. I split all the wood in the wagon behind me and some more after that. Yea Me!!!


Then I got this craft idea from a magazine and said "I can do that." And I did! Junk found in the woods(no surprise) two chimney liners. So I washed the outside applied mastic and colored glass and did a art project for the garden.Not bad for a old lady!That right an old lady! Guess what came in the mail. They can't think I'm old enough yet?

This is my latest achievement. I have installed electric lighting! Yea Me again!!! I removed the 1978 florescent light over the bathroom mirror and installed this myself! Yes , I have not burned the house down!

And Elaine is arriving on Saturday. We have found a Museum like the one in NY. Very hands on and people at each house with 1700- 1800 style clothes and trades. I'll get more out on the blog after this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a workhorse! I can't believe you chopped that wood! Maybe I don't need to send this blog installment to my husband, Richard. It may give him some ideas!!! YOU GO GIRL!
Janice