Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Renovations here we come again

From looking at this picture you can see how hard it was getting in and out of this shower with out knocking into the toilet. So Kathy, Beepa and I consulted a plumber and started the demo on this project. The plumber had to work on re rooting the drain and re worked the water lines to keep them from freezing.(Yes the previous owners had the water lines on the outside walls) But in two days their plumbing job was completed.



With Dan's help we had to demo, rebuild shower support wall, drywall and paint.

So while Danny was home he and I built the stud wall for the end of the shower wall to hold the drywall. Michael is our expert drywall guy. So he and Teresa are going to help with the drywall and then we can paint. This is Supervisior Beepa inspecting our work.




So this is before



And this is after


So my next project was a refinishing job. Kathy, Beepa and I found this very cool antique and consignment shop in Greensboro. They had room after room of stuff. The chairs we found in the back of the shop on a very high shelf. The first table we found was round but after a second look we didn't like it as much. So we hunted around the shop and found this one, it needed some TLC but we know how to love thanks to Grampa Ken and his antique refinishing knowledge he passed down to me.The chairs just needed a sanding and a coat of poly then new fabric on the seat cushions. But the finish on the table was peeling in different spots. So I stripped off the ole finish, sanded and stained the table. Then gave it 2 coats of poly and I love the finish.
No comments on my messy craft room, please! It's nice just to have a place to work finally.

The table had an extra wide leaf so we can seat 8-10 people around for big meals.


The chairs are sooooooo comfy. So this is the table from my parents and this is the new one.
Love a round table.
Well I've got my resume out their so I'll be working soon. Kathy starts her training on Monday and the weather is slowly warming back up. Talk to me soon. Love Deb

2 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

The table looks great, and so does the shower! It will be nice to be able to step out without tripping over the toilet, huh??

I'm jealous of your warm weather... We just got dumped on with more snow up here! Ick.

Faye said...

JUST STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT.EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT.I WILL CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!